The Career Management Center at the College of Business is a place where you can explore careers to see what might be the best fit for you. We help you develop career tools including resumes and cover letters, develop job search skills including interviewing and candidate etiquette, learn about internships, and begin to build your network.
Our services are available to help you become the professional you want to be. You can schedule a one-on-one session with our career adviser who will direct you to tools and resources that make your career preparation more effective. For example, College of Business students can attend special workshops and access our CareerRAM database with information on approximately 13,000 jobs.
We also provide numerous opportunities for you to connect with business leaders who come to the College of Business to teach classes; participate in case competitions and special projects; serve as guest lecturers; and recruit students for consulting projects, internships and full-time positions.
Some College of Business career facts and figures:
Our Career Management Center offers:
- 80 percent of our graduates are hired into full-time jobs within 90 days of graduation.
- The average starting salary for our graduates is $42,000 annually, one of the highest averages among Colorado State University graduates in all majors.
- Our graduates are hired by international corporations, small and large non-profits, startup businesses, and government organizations.
Businesses where you can find our graduates include:
- Resume building and critiquing
- Interview skills
- Guidance on career choice and life balance
- Internship opportunities
- Job offer evaluations
- Advice on graduate schools
- Networking opportunities
- Cover letter assistance
- Advanced Energy
- Federal Research
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- EnCana Oil & Gas
- Ernest and Julio Gallo Winery
- Navigant Consulting
- And many, many more
To make an appointment with Melissa Luna, Career Services Manager, contact her at (970) 491-0706 or send an e-mail to Melissa.Luna@business.colostate.edu
To make an appointment with Shawn Utecht, Career Services Liason, contact him at (970) 491-7377 or send an e-mail to Shawn.Utecht@business.colostate.edu
If you have questions about earning a business degree, please contact the Academic Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also can check out all of Colorado State University Career Services’ offerings by going to the Web site